We have several hammocks and all are different brands. They range from rope hammocks to brand name hammocks. While the rope hammocks are great fun around the house, only the nylon hammocks are comfortable enough to camp in. This Ultralight Hammock by Rallt holds up well to our more expensive name brand hammocks but at less than half the price.
What I like about the Rallt hammock.
- Sturdy nylon fabric that holds my weight easily
- Enough fabric to wrap around the front of me.
- Easy to set up.
- Lightweight for backpacking.
- Aluminum carabiners for less weight.
- Pack sack is sewn onto hammock and packs inside tight.
- Straps included on pack sack help cinch pack smaller to fit inside a backpack.
- The include polypropylene ropes are strong with no stretch so they aren’t bad. I just prefer hammock straps.
I really can’t find anything I don’t like about the hammock. I recently reviewed the Rallt hammock straps HERE and if I hadn’t tried them first, I wouldn’t think anything of the ropes included in the hammock. The straps are easier to set up and make me feel more secure. This hammock paired with the hammock straps are an awesome combination. I would definitely recommend this Ultralight Rallt hammock for both camping and backpacking. It is lighter than my backpacking tent and takes up less space in my backpack which is a real plus. Of course, if you’re worried about getting wet, then maybe a tent would still be preferable. However, I’m able to pull the fabric of this hammock around the front of me to keep myself covered well.